Six Month Smile is a modern twist on tried-and-true orthodontics. There is little debate within the orthodontic community that braces are the most widely used and most effective method to give patients straight, healthy teeth and a beautiful smile. Six Month Smiles has taken the best aspects of braces and modified the treatment and the materials to give adults a common-sense, cosmetic solution that fits your lifestyle. Here is what makes Six Month Smiles so innovative:
- Average treatment times of only six months
- Six Month Smiles Lucid-Lok clear brackets and tooth-colored wires are barely visible
- Use of braces has shown to provide the most conservative and predictable final result
- Six Month Smiles Patient Tray Kits™ ensure that your appointments are fast and comfortable
- Low forces and short overall treatment times increase comfort, safety, and hygiene
- Six Month Smiles is typically less expensive than traditional braces, aligner therapy, or veneers
How does 6-Month Smiles work then? The 6 Month Smile focuses only on the teeth that show when you smile and doesn’t attempt to make significant changes to your bite. So it can create a big cosmetic impression while only making small adjustments to your teeth.
What does the 6-Month Smiles treatment involve? As ever, it starts with a visit to your dentist. You’ll need to get your teeth thoroughly checked, with X-rays and photographs, so you can then have a conversation with Dr. Richardt about how your teeth could look and how much improvement could be made. Based on this consultation, Dr. Richardt will decide whether the 6-Month Smile program is right for you, or whether you need a different sort of technique or treatment.
The next step is fitting the braces, which are tooth-colored and therefore barely noticeable. If required, space needed to relieve crowding is obtained by polishing between the teeth. In some severe cases, it may be necessary to remove a tooth to create sufficient space.
See below for before and after photos